Me, myself, and Food

I have lived in Denver for 7 years, and grew up in Nederland Colorado. I eat all around the state, I know a lot of hidden gems, and want to share them with you. I am always looking for good restaurants and I am sick of digging and digging for that information, come on Colorado lets share what we are eating!!!!!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Frites, AKA French Fries with fancy dipping sauce............

 A new place just opened in Old town Arvada, Manneken Frites.  If you like fries and beer at inflated prices, this is the place for you.  That might not be the fairest of statements, maybe it is the American in me, either way very over priced.  I got a small fry no wait Frite and a bottle of water and it was $6.  My sister and husband got one small fry and one medium fry a soft drink and a beer and it was $18.  I went back up to get another sauce and it was an additional $1.  So pretty much it is a place that is something fun to do once in awhile.  They have a ton of sauces I had the Ghent sauce and the sauce Andalouse, the Ghent sauce tastes like aoili with shallots and garlic, and the Andalouse sauce is that mixed with something sweeter it kind of tasted like Thousand Island but less strong, it was very nice.  My sister had Tzatziki sauce and her husband had Curry mayo, both of those were also very good.  Overall the sauces here are amazing, the Frites are amazing but it is more of a novelty than some place that I would go to very often.  All of the tourists to that area will love it, you can have something unique while you shop for antiques. 


No comments:

Post a Comment