Me, myself, and Food

I have lived in Denver for 7 years, and grew up in Nederland Colorado. I eat all around the state, I know a lot of hidden gems, and want to share them with you. I am always looking for good restaurants and I am sick of digging and digging for that information, come on Colorado lets share what we are eating!!!!!

Monday, August 22, 2011

You Cheeky Monk

Beer and fried thingies, yes please.  After a long work week when your friends say, "Hey lets go drink!" Of course you don't turn them down.  Well we didn't only go to drink but to have some pub food as well.  The Cheeky Monk on Colfax was our location of choice.  My friends Brendan and Kirsty and I chose this restaurant because we all love drinking but Kirsty has lived in the UK and Australia and I thought she might like some fish and chips, but she had salad, we had other fried things which in my opinion are better then fish and chips.  My friend Daedre told me about the fried pickles here and so we started with those.

Fried Pickles


The lighting in this restaurant is very very dark so the pictures are a bit off....sorry, but the pickles were the best things we had.  I have been thinking about these since I ate there and really want to go back and just eat these.  Kirsty and I ordered steak salad served with frites on top.  Now I love salad and I love fries so I did like the salad but I asked for my steak medium rare and got well done, but by this point I was two beers in so I didn't mind much.  Brendan ordered the best and got Belgian Bangers and Mash, the sausage was a wonderful chicken apple sausage and I will be ordering that next time.
steak salad with frites
Bangers and Mash
Ok now for the beer, and there is a lot of it.  Word of warning, this is not a place to go if you want a $2 Budweiser, the beers are imported and expensive.  I simply don't have the time to tell you about all there is to offer, but the list is large and everything was great.  I will say that when we asked the waitress about the beers she seemed to know a little bit but it would have been nice if she knew more.  I would guess if you sat at the bar the bartender would have a bit more advice and knowledge about what beers are served.  There are pairing suggestions on the menu for beers that go with food and that is always helpful. 



Fearless taster Brendan takes a pull from his beer
Overall this is a nice place to meet friends and have some good food and get a good beer.  It is a bit pricey but when you are getting a nice beer and good food it is worth the extra price.  I will go again, and even if I just go for the pickles and a beer I will be very happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment