Me, myself, and Food

I have lived in Denver for 7 years, and grew up in Nederland Colorado. I eat all around the state, I know a lot of hidden gems, and want to share them with you. I am always looking for good restaurants and I am sick of digging and digging for that information, come on Colorado lets share what we are eating!!!!!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hot Cakes Diner

Sunday morning breakfast at a restaurant does not really appeal to me, but I know it appeals to you.  The one thing that I hate about weekend breakfast spots, is I hate waiting, I just want some damn eggs and I want them now!!!!!!  Ok a bit dramatic I know, so I think we got into this place just under the line.  Hotcakes Diner is located here............................
Now this is far from my house but Teresa and I were going to a movie at the Esquire Theatre so it is closer to that.  When arriving it was not too busy, it was crowded but we did not have to wait.  The decor is like a cafe, typical breakfast place nothing out of the ordinary.  Waitress brought water and coffee, the coffee was horrible and I was hoping that was not a sign of things to come.  I usually do not order sweet things for breakfast but something on the menu caught my eye, sweet potato waffle, yes I needed to have that.  My fellow restaurant goers, Teresa and Jesse had different things in mind, but I knew I had to have that waffle.  Service and food was really fast and that is always important to a breakfast place.  My waffle stole the show, just look how beautiful it was,

Yes a thing of beauty!!!!!!  This was by far the best thing I have ever had for breakfast.  I would say if you are gonna go here to eat, order this and you will not be sad.  Now as far as the other foods.  Teresa ordered eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, and pancakes, she said it was good and she really liked the bacon.  I do not eat bacon so I will take her word on that.  My waffle came with eggs and sausage patty, eggs were done nicely and the sausage patty from from a box of patties, not homemade.  Jesse had a country skillet thing, eggs, hashbrowns, chicken fried steak cover in gravy, looked like a mess and he didn't seem to enjoy it too much either. 

bacon, eggs, and hashbrowns
country skillet
Overall get the waffle, skip the coffee and skillet.  Nice place to go when you want to breakfast on the weekend without a wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment