Me, myself, and Food

I have lived in Denver for 7 years, and grew up in Nederland Colorado. I eat all around the state, I know a lot of hidden gems, and want to share them with you. I am always looking for good restaurants and I am sick of digging and digging for that information, come on Colorado lets share what we are eating!!!!!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Indian??? Yes please..........

Yak and Yeti

Ok First of all, you have to go to the location on Sheridan, it is the BEST!!!!!!  Listen to me and you will be rewarded!!!!!  I have been going here for years and years, if I had to guess I would say around 8 years.  It recently changed owners about a year ago and the food has gotten better, and better.  On Saturday my sister Teresa and her husband Jesse and Moi went there for lunch buffet.  You are really better going for indian food for a buffet, then you get a little of everything.  Yak and Yeti has a buffet for dinner and lunch, but you can also order off of the menu (not suggested).  Teresa and I ordered iced Chai and Jesse ordered a Chai Milk Stout for drinks.  Yak and Yeti brews their own beers and recently won an award for their Himalayan IPA at the Great American Brew Fest held in Denver Colorado.  I personally am not too much of a beer drinker but Jesse seemed to enjoy it.

The chai is the reason to come here as far as I am concerned and I could drink it everyday if I could.  Yak and Yeti offers a lot of different items but my favorite are chicken curry, saag paneer, and the naan of course.  But yesterday they had something new that was really good, chicken in chili sauce.  I hope they keep that one on the table because it was awesome, kind spicy but not too much.  Teresa doesn't like spicy so she passed on that and usually goes for the sweet potato marsala.  Overall you are not going to leave here hungry, actually the "food" baby in your stomach will be so large you will need to have a nap when you go home. 
My friend Michelle and my sister really love the rice pudding as well, I hate rice pudding so I have to take their word for that.  I have provided a few pictures below for your viewing pleasure.  Please eat at Yak and Yeti I have loved it for years and I am sure you will too. 

Assortment

It doesn't look like a lot but it is filling

Rice pudding

No comments:

Post a Comment