Me, myself, and Food

I have lived in Denver for 7 years, and grew up in Nederland Colorado. I eat all around the state, I know a lot of hidden gems, and want to share them with you. I am always looking for good restaurants and I am sick of digging and digging for that information, come on Colorado lets share what we are eating!!!!!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sushi meets Hamburger

One of my favorite places to go is the Cherry Creek Mall.  It is in a nice area, and the mall is just more quite, not so many kids and teenagers hanging out, more about people enjoy shopping like I do.

The one restaurant that I return to time and time again is Kona Grill this is a chain restaurant, but not like one I have ever been too.  First of all they have sushi, and it is good.  This time I kind of switched it up a bit.  I started with the Chicken Chili.

It was good, but it is very filling.  I ate half of it and was starting to get full but wanted to save room.  My friend Mike came with me on this trip and he wanted to have a cheese burger.


It looked really good as he had grease dripping down his hands and was tearing at applewood smoked bacon, and was dripping with caramelized onions and aged cheddar.  I tasted the fries they were good, but could have been crispier.  I opted for my favorite salad of all time, and I mean I love this salad, I would eat it everyday, the Sushi Sampler salad. 

The reason I love this salad is that I get sushi and I get a really fresh salad.  You get one shrimp, one salmon, and one tuna sushi, and one California roll.  I usually eat about 1/2 of the fish and all the salad.  It is a great to save some sushi for lunch the next day.  Overall Kona is a great place to go if you love sushi and the person with you does not.  If I was just going to eat sushi with people I would go somewhere else, but hey if I can have chili and then sushi why not!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment