Me, myself, and Food

I have lived in Denver for 7 years, and grew up in Nederland Colorado. I eat all around the state, I know a lot of hidden gems, and want to share them with you. I am always looking for good restaurants and I am sick of digging and digging for that information, come on Colorado lets share what we are eating!!!!!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Root Down, Root Down....................

I have been wanting to try this restaurant for ages, and ages.  It is not far from where I live in the Highlands area.  Root Down  is a really "hot" spot if you are fan of the I love foodspotting App then you see tons of pictures of this place.  My friend Michelle was getting married so we decided on this place for brunch.  They do not open until 10am for Brunch, and when I got there the line was in full effect. 

First of all I hate restaurants with lines, I really hate waiting for food.  Thankfully we had a reservation.  I let some girl go ahead in line because I was still waiting on people, I said "go ahead I have a reservation and I am waiting on people."  The girl quickly replied "We have a reservation too!!!!!!"  She was a real snob, it made me want to leave, girl with attitude usually is where stuck up people eat.  We decided to stick it out and it was an overall enjoyable experience.  Our waiter came to the table when we sat down, they brought water and took our drink order.  The service here is a little slow, and I get the overall feeling that the service is not that good, meaning that these people think they are part of the "hottest" thing around.  Now that being said our waiter was funny, kinda stuck up, but funny and did what we asked and that is really all I can hope for.  Now as for the food, it is awesome, so awesome that I can see why there is a line.  We started with a brunch appetizer at the waiters suggestion a tray of homemade pastries. 


This was some biscuits and scones.  It came with a homemade marmalade that I could have swimmed in.  Very very good, also chased it with a blood orange mimosa and latte.



Michelle with Blood orange mimosa
 We all ordered something different but the popular choice was the crab and avocado eggs Benedict.

I had a bite of this and it is great, the avocado is in the crab cake with eggs and sauce nestled on top, served with potatoes and mixed greens.  I had a breakfast burrito with chorizo.  The burrito was amazing, how can you go wrong with any kind of meat product that was made fresh? 

The experience here was overall good and I would really love to go back.  I am hoping that this place doesn't get too snobby as I think the overall concept of this place is to just have a great neighborhood place to eat and hang out.  Next time I am going for dinner, the menu looks very good.


wall decor at Root Down


No comments:

Post a Comment