Me, myself, and Food

I have lived in Denver for 7 years, and grew up in Nederland Colorado. I eat all around the state, I know a lot of hidden gems, and want to share them with you. I am always looking for good restaurants and I am sick of digging and digging for that information, come on Colorado lets share what we are eating!!!!!

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sometimes you gotta cheat.............on Denver of course

Last weekend my niece graduated from High School in Norman OK, and I of course used this as an excuse to cheat on Denver.  Some of my family lives in Oklahoma and I am originally from there, but I have lived in Colorado for about 25 years, so I do jump at the chance to go see my family and eat good food.  I got off the plane, my dad picked me up, first question was "Where should we eat?"  My dad and I decided on Earl's Rib Palace we really just wanted a sandwich or something light, hahahahahhaha, that word light is kinda funny, this is what I got.

Smoked Turkey and Brisket Sandwich with Fried Okra
I didn't eat the bread and couldn't eat all the meat.  The Turkey was totally radical awesome, and the okra was some of the best I have ever had.  The brisket was so so.  I will be dreaming about that meat for a long long time.  Go there if you are ever in Oklahoma, it is right off the Highway on the way to Norman.  The other place that I must mention is one that my family has been eating at for a long, long time, The Greek House located in Norman.  It is simple, gyros plates with meat sliced off the spit, this always makes the best Gyros.
Really good and worth checking out.  Word of advice this place is packed for lunch, we went for an early dinner and wasn't quite as bad but they get really busy and you should be prepared to wait.  Lastly a place that I always want to go is Ted's Cafe Escondido it is really great mexican food.  Now is Oklahoma when you sit down at the table you not only get chips and salsa but also get queso and pickled carrots and jalapenos, this is standard and it really should be everywhere!!!!!  The food here is great and the service is outstanding, again a must try.  I had Fajitas but the true winner of the night was a stuffed chili relleno (stuffed with shredded chicken) and served with mashed potatoes. 
Chips, Salsa, Queso
steak and chicken fajitas

Cheese Enchiladas topped with Queso my niece always gets this

stuffed Relleno
Well there it is a short trip filled with lots and lots of food.  Now I can go back to my relationship with Colorado and Denver.  Hope you enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment