Me, myself, and Food

I have lived in Denver for 7 years, and grew up in Nederland Colorado. I eat all around the state, I know a lot of hidden gems, and want to share them with you. I am always looking for good restaurants and I am sick of digging and digging for that information, come on Colorado lets share what we are eating!!!!!

Monday, June 20, 2011

Bikers and Dogs

Ok now that I have gotten your attention, focus on hot-dogs and you are in for a real treat.  Recently my sister and her husband wanted to get hot-dogs and they suggested Biker Jim's Gourmet Dogs.  Located at 2148 Larimer St, Denver, CO.  Ok first off this started as a cart in Denver and now it is a restaurant location, and I am not surprised because it is really good.  We started with some fried macaroni and cheese, that doesn't really need a description because: A. anything fried is delicious, and B. anything macaroni and cheese is great.  The fried appetizer was great, and I could eat about 5 orders of this........
I ordered the Elk Jalapeno Cheddar Dog.....now this is not a hot-dog, but a tasty delight in your mouth.  It is filled with cream cheese and topped with sauteed onions that are cooked in soda.  Very, very, very good.....oh did I mention I got mine served with fried green tomatoes?  This place is great, great atmosphere, good prices, and really unusual hot-dogs that are super tasty. 

Elk dog, with fried green tomatoes
We all really enjoyed our food and there are a lot of choices on the menu.  I will be back, and yes so will my sister................

No comments:

Post a Comment